Menopause & Hormone Replacement Therapy
Make Menopause the Time of Your Life!
Menopause to a lot of women is the synonym to hot flashes & night sweats (vasomotor symptoms – what we jokingly attribute to a broken thermostat), insomnia and interrupted sleep, decline in sex drive, loss of skin elasticity, and increase in waistline, etc. But menopause does not have to mean “pause” in your life!
I encourage all women going through the menopausal transition to take menopause as an opportunity for a “tune up” – it is a good time to have a thorough, proactive look at your state of health and your risk factors. We can assist you in designing and implementing personalized strategies to minimize your risk of chronic diseases such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, osteoporosis and cancers; and maximize your quality of life.
- Sorting Through the Confusion about Hormone Therapy and Breast Cancer Risk Scare – November 2010
- New Scientific Statement on Menopausal Hormone Therapy (MHT) by the Endocrine Society – July 2010
- A Critical Look at the Studies on Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Bioidentical Hormones
- Bioidentical Hormones Slide Show (PDF)
- Bioidentical Hormone Therapy FAQ
- Q&A: Pros and Cons of Hormone Therapy
- “Window of Opportunity” Theory for Menopausal Hormone Therapy Explained
- Ladies, Keep Your Ovaries!
- Hormone Therapy and Breast Cancer Risk
- Key Points from the NAMS Scientific Meeting - Sept. 2008
- More Menopause Resources